Laser Hair Removal
Want to save time and get unbelievably smooth and soft skin…anywhere? Laser hair reduction treatments are a surprisingly comfortable, quick, and effective way to permanently rid your body of unwanted hair.
The laser works by targeting the dark pigment of a hair follicle. The hair absorbs the energy of the laser and the follicle is disabled from growing hair effectively again. This means that the best candidates for laser hair reduction have hair that is medium to dark in color.
Because your hair grows in different growth cycles on different areas of your body, multiple treatments are needed. Once a treatment package is completed, you can expect up to 90% reduction in regrowth!
Your treatment will begin with consultation with one of our certified laser clinicians at our Chanhassen Clinic location.
Shave the area you would like treated the day before your appointment. Your clinician may apply a light topical numbing agent or cool pack before your treatment to increase your comfort. Most patients do not need this and find this treatment painless, especially since our laser has a chilled tip to soothe your skin on contact.
The laser feels like a small rubber band snap moving across your skin. Some patients describe it as a light pinching sensation. After a treatment, it is normal to be red and moderately swollen for up to 48 hours. Apply a topical hydrocortisone or take an Ibuprofen if needed. Over the next few weeks, you’ll notice shedding of the treated hairs as your next growth cycle comes in.
It’s important to use an SPF 30 throughout the course of your treatments. You will be asked to reschedule your next treatment if you’ve had recent sun exposure as there is a higher rate of complications for tanned skin.
You will experience less new regrowth with each treatment. On average, each treatment reduces your regrowth by 10-25%. Your appointments will become more spread out as there is less and less hair to treat. Yearly maintenance treatments are recommended to maintain your results.
Because your end result with laser hair reduction is seen through a course of treatments, we advise starting your series in the fall so you can enjoy the soft and smooth new you by the following spring/summer!
- Facial Hair
- Body Hair
- Ingrown Hairs
Treatments Start At:
- $99+ with package options available
- Receive $100 off packages with the Contour Clinic membership program
Hair Reduction Treatment Areas
Ears (note we don’t laser inside the ear)
Feet and Toes (and any portion thereof)
Above the Eyebrows
Fingers and Hands (and any portion thereof)
Nose (note we don’t laser inside the nose)
Front Face Hairline
Around the Anus
Back of Neck
Abdominal Line (from stomach to bathing suit)
Chin and Front of Neck
Full Face (not including chin or neck)
Modified Bikini (hair shaped in the bikini area into a landing strip or a triangle)
Bikini Line Extended (includes hand size portion of inner thigh)
Full Face Including Chin and/or Neck
Chest and Abs
Scheduling Your Treatments
- Facial hair and underarm hair reduction: 1 treatment every 6-8 weeks for 6-10 treatments total.
- Legs and back hair reduction: 1 treatment every 10-12 weeks for 6-10 treatments total.
- All other body hair reduction: 1 treatment every 8-10 weeks for 6-10 treatments total.
- After the above is completed, we recommend a minimum of a yearly maintenance treatment to maintain your results.
Before and After Your Treatment
- Make sure to shave the treatment area 2 days before treatment.
- After your treatment you can resume normal activities right away.
- No sun, sunbed tanning, sauna or hottub on the area for 2 weeks.
- Cerave PM for the face and Cerave Moisturizing Cream for legs
- Avene Cicalfate are recommended after your laser treatment.